Saturday, November 15, 2008

Fall Sewing!

Fall is here and the holidays are getting close! If you are like me, this is the time of year for simple sewing projects. I went through my fabric stash the other day and was inspired! Both fabrics are from Fabric Finders and the pattern is Classic Dress #131. I purchased the fabric several months ago, not having a clue what I would do with it. The only thing that mattered was, that I loved the tiny floral print and the green twill was a perfect match! The dress was quick and easy, but it needed something else...matching buttons! Of course, I had not purchased buttons with the fabric, so the search began. We all had a good laugh at Barb's Sewing Center when I walked in with fabric scraps looking for green buttons to match the twill. I got lucky and found the perfect size and perfect color IF the buttons were turned to the wrong side! What a sweet dress this will be for our mild fall days in Alabama and then again for spring. If sewing is your "stress reliever" take time for a fun and simple project during the holidays!

Michie'

1 comment:

The Hilliard Family said...

I love the vintage style dress. It is so cute!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails