Monday, August 23, 2010

Sewing for Charity

Retta, is a good friend that I met several years ago while teaching in Baton Rouge. She e-mailed me last week to say, "Hey, I'm on the news!" The news clip gives a wonderful description of the charity work that she and her friends do for their area hospitals and homes for unwed mothers around the South.







What a wonderful idea to use our sewing gifts to truly bless others in need!

If you would like to help with their ministry they have a great need for new or gently used onesies, sleepers, and daygowns, in either preemie or newborn sizes. You can mail these to:

Faith Presbyterian Church
c/o Ladies Mission
12855 Old Hammond Highway
Baton Rouge, LA 70816-1025

Michie`

4 comments:

Laurie said...

Thanks for sharing this! I too, have a "Threads of Love" ministry here in my town - it's so rewarding to be able to give back to God what He has given to me in having the talent to sew and to use that talent for Him!

Josh Healy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Rachel said...

Oh, my-thanks so much for sharing this-it made me cry and I so appreciate not only what these ladies are doing for others, but what they are doing for themselves!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting my blog, I am honored. And thanks so much for posting that video! I live in BR and will look into this!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails