Friday, July 1, 2011

Smocked Watermelons

Our little Emma is getting to be quite the big girl now! Sitting up all by herself! I asked her not to grow too fast, but apparently I have been ignored.

Christian was about 3 weeks old when I looked at him one morning and said, "Listen buddy, Nana NEEDS a sewing fix!" He decided that I could go home for a few days for break. On the way home I stopped and picked up green gingham with a project in mind. The next morning at 6:30 I was redrafting my bishop in pattern into a bishop bubble with angel sleeves.

I had Ellen McCarn's "Watermelons" smocking design in my stash which I made a few changes to. After getting to smock and sew for a couple of days, I felt like my old self again and was able to stick a new outfit in the mail to Arizona.


We refer to this picture as "Yoga Baby". Don't you wish you were this limber?

Michie'

2 comments:

Martha said...

So cute!!!! I have always loved that plate. And I DO wish I was that limber. I would take half that limber. I'm not picky.

Jan M said...

A little smocking, a darling girl and sweet bare piggies -- nothing better! Well, maybe being that limber would be good, too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails