Friday, August 12, 2011

What I Did With My Summer Vacation Part 1

What a wild and crazy summer this has been! I barely had time to recover from Anna and Christian's two week visit while daddy was out of town and suddenly it was time for Martha Pullen's School of Art and Fashion. Fortunately I was teaching the same classes that I taught in February so I pretty much showed up and had a wonderful time. For pre-day classes I taught embroidery, beginning smocking, and picture smocking. Then Thursday through Sunday, I taught the Smocking Construction School where the students learn to construct garments suitable for smocking.
I enjoyed working with my new assistant, Peggy, and loved having the opportunity to get to know her better. I had a class of 24 ladies from all over the country for the Construction School. We had a lot of fun and learned many new techniques.
I will have new classes and projects for the February school. I am looking forward to starting on the samples. Once they are finalized and approved I'll give a sneak peak to the projects.
Michie'

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails