Monday, January 21, 2013

A Good Pair Of Scissors


Really good scissors are important, especially when working with the more delicate fabrics and laces. These are my favorite and happen to all be the Gingher brand.  The stork scissors are for cutting button holes.  The rounded ones do all my basic snipping and are perfect for cutting fabric close to lace.  The large pair are for all my basic cutting.  In the 15 years that they have lived in my sewing room, I have had the large pair sharpened twice.  Not bad considering the number of miles that they have on them.  When I still had children at home, each pair of scissors had a tiny red ribbon attached to them.  This reminded everyone that the scissors were only for fabric and thread.

Michie'

1 comment:

Laurie said...

I still have ribbons on mine. It reminds my loving husband.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails