Friday, May 3, 2013

Bringing Home Baby Daygown



I like a traditional outfit for bringing the new baby home from the hospital.  A simple daygown with old fashioned tucks, delicate pima cotton fabric, and a touch of white embroidery and lace. 



In a perfect world, I would have a few daygowns packed away waiting for the next baby shower.  Also, a daygown can be loving passed on to the next little one to become the family's "Bringing Home Baby" gown.



And a nice little bonus, don't know if you will need a daygown for a boy or girl? The lace around the neckband can be stitched on by hand after the gown is completed.

Michie'

3 comments:

Kathryn said...

What a beautiful little gown! Which pattern did you use? Are the tucks part of the pattern, or did you work them before cutting out the fronts? I was just thinking last night that I need to start on a girl outfit for baby #4, joining us in early August.

Arlene G said...

So beautiful as is all your work!! I had a Feltman's yellow day gown that I brought my babies home from the hospital in....Margaret came home in Daddy's daygown. The nurses could not believe that it was 32 years old and still looked perfect.

Charo Palacios said...

It´s lovely, simply and beautiful. Thank you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails